Terms and Conditions Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully prior to participating in the Conscious Hunting Competition. By participating in the Contest, each participant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Terms and Conditions.
1. Contest This Contest is being held by Fjällräven International AB, Box 209, 89125 Örnsköldsvik, Sweden (“Fjällräven”). The Contest, which is being staged via the online platforms Facebook and Instagram is in no way sponsored, supported or organized by Facebook or Instagram. All questions, comments and complaints regarding this Contest should be sent directly to Fjällräven and not to Facebook or Instagram; this also applies to any claims arising from the staging of the Contest. Participation will take place exclusively online and is free of charge.
The Contest will take place between August 6th (6/8/2020) and ends on Sunday the first of September (1/9/2020).
2. General By entering this contest, participants expressly accept these conditions of entry and the application of Swedish law. Any person who is over the age of 18 at the time of entry and who has a Facebook or Instagram account is eligible to enter the contest.
Participation in the contest is not dependent on a purchase or on the use of services.
3. Participation in the contest The contest can be accessed via a link shared on Facebook and Instagram. Users who do not yet have a Facebook or Instagram account can download the free Facebook or Instagram app for either iPhone or Android users. In order to participate in the contest, the participants must submit a photo or video during the contest period in accordance with Fjällräven's requirements. Each participant may enter the contest once. Humans pictured in submitted photos or videos must consent and be over the age of 18 and/or have parental consent.
4. Content Standards and House Rules The following submission content standards and “house rules” shall apply in respect of the photos. Photos or videos must not:
a) contain any material which is defamatory of any other person;
b) contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory (or is of a sexually explicit nature);
c) infringe any intellectual property rights, such as but not limited to copyright, database right or trademark of any other person (such as a photo of a copyright work, such as a painting or another photograph, taken without the copyright owner’s permission);
d) be likely to deceive any person;
e) be taken without the subject’s consent (or depict any subject under the age of 18 without their legal guardian’s consent);
f) be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
g) show or encourage discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
h) show or encourage any illegal or immoral activity, violence, racial hatred, cruelty to animals or any other anti-social or unlawful behavior of any kind.
If any photo or video breaches the house rules or any applicable law, Fjällräven reserves the right to de-tag, take down, remove or delete (where possible) any such images and in any event, such photos or videos (and the participant that posted it) shall be disqualified from the contest. Fjällräven reserves the right to pass on any images or videos that give it concern to the relevant authorities.
By submitting a photo or video, the participants warrant and undertake that they are the legal and beneficial owner of all intellectual property rights in their photo or video and that it is their own original work and does not infringe any third party rights. Participants hereby waive and agree not to assert any moral rights in and in connection with the photo or video.
All humans pictured in the photo or video must agree to be featured and for the photo or video to be submitted via Instagram, and must also waive and agree not to assert any applicable moral or similar rights. Also, they must agree to the photo or video being entered in the contest and the participants warrant that applicable consents have been obtained. These statements also extend to the Instagram or Facebook platform used.
5. Rights of use By uploading a photo or video, the participant agrees that the photo or video will be displayed in Fjällräven´s marketing channels and may be used for promotions and PR/marketing purposes in the course of trade. The Participant also agrees that the photos or videos may be shared amongst other users/visitors of Fjällräven´s websites and social networks such as Facebook or Instagram. Fjällräven shall not be responsible for any further use of the uploaded photos or videos on pages outside of Fjällräven´s websites and social networks, after they have been published on these sites.
By submitting the photo or video, participants grant Fjällräven and the companies associated with Fjällräven an irrevocable, transferable, worldwide, temporally and locally unrestricted, free right of use covering all methods of use, in particular the use, distribution, reproduction, translation and modification of the photo or video and any accompanying text for commercial purposes by Fjällräven.
6. Prizes and Notification On the 7/9 2020 the winner will be selected by Fjällräven. Fjällräven will review all submitted photos or videos and select the most creative and original photo or video – from an artistic, photographic and promotional point of view.
The prize is the Värmland Wool Jacket and Värmland Wool Trousers (“PRIZE”). If there are a shortage in sizes similar products of a similar value will be suggested for the winner.
The PRIZE also includes shipping fees of the PRIZE to the winner. Any taxes and/or fees associated with the PRIZE will not be covered by Fjällräven and shall therefore be paid by the winner.
The winner will be contacted by Fjällräven via direct message. If a winner fails to claim his/her PRIZE within two weeks of the direct message being sent, any entitlement to the PRIZE shall be forfeited. Participants who have not won will not be notified.
Fjällräven is entitled to feature the winning photo or video on Facebook and Instagram. Each participant expressly accepts this form of publication.
Fjällräven reserves the right to substitute the PRIZE (or any part of the PRIZE) for a prize or prizes of equivalent or greater monetary value if this is necessary for reasons beyond Fjällräven´s reasonable control. Under no circumstances will the PRIZE be paid out in cash. The PRIZE is non-refundable and non-transferable.
Entitlement to the prize may not be reassigned to a third party.
7. Exclusion from the contest Employees of Fjällräven and of companies associated with Fjällräven as well as their family members and relatives are excluded from the contest.
People who (i) provide incorrect personal details, (ii) provide illegal content, or (iii) manipulate or otherwise misuse electronic devices created for the purpose of the contest are excluded.
8. Early termination of the contest Fjällräven is entitled to terminate the contest at any time during the contest period, without prior notice and without stating reasons. In particular, this applies in cases where this is necessary for organizational or technical reasons (e.g. computer system viruses, manipulation or errors in the hardware/software) or legal reasons.
9. Data protection This Data Protection Statement applies to the collection and processing of personal data in the context with the contest.
a) The responsible officer pursuant to Article 4 (7) EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is Fjällräven International AB, Box 209, 89125 Örnsköldsvik, Sweden hereinafter called the “Company”. You can contact the Company´s data protection manager at [email protected] or at our postal address with the addition “Data Protection Manager”.
b) Collection and processing of your personal data
When participating in the competition, we process the following data from you:
Participants: Personal data will be collected if take part in the competition solely for the purpose of verifying your eligibility as well as for being able to contact by direct massage in case you win. Of participants, we collect the Facebook or Instagram Account Names only.
Winners: We process the following data from winners:
- First name - Name - E-mail - address - Postcode - place - Image or video upload
We process the personal data of the winner to contact you regarding a prize notification. Your name and address data are collected for the sole purpose of sending the prize. If you do not provide us with the aforementioned data, we would not be able to send any prizes to you.
c) Legal Basis The processing of your personal data solely serves the purpose of running the contest. The legal basis is Art. 6 (1) (b) GDPR.
d) Recipient of the personal data The Company may also share your information with other entities of the Fenix Outdoor group in EU to be used in accordance with this Data Protection Information, in particular with its European affiliate Fenix Outdoor ecom AB.
The legal basis for the Company sharing your information with other entities of the Fenix Outdoor group is Art. 6 (1) (f) GDPR. The Company has a legitimate interest in sharing your information for internal administrative purposes, in particular to centralize storage, optimize our processes, manage administrative tasks, as well as for marketing purposes.
You have the right to object at any time to such sharing. To exercise this right you may at any time contact the Company as provided in this Data Protection Statement.
Otherwise, your personal data will in principle not be disclosed to any third parties, unless the disclosure is required for running the contest or sending the prize.
All processors have been carefully selected, support the Company in a strictly directional manner and will only have access to your data required for the performance of the services to the extent and for the period required.
e) Duration of storage of personal data: As soon as the contest is over, we will delete the participants´ personal. The data of the winners will be stored until the expiry of legal retention and limitation periods.
f) Your rights: You have the following rights towards us with regard to your personal data:
– Right to information, – Right to correction or deletion, – Right to restriction of processing, – Right to refusal of processing, – Right to data portability
You also have the right to lodge a complaint about our processing of your personal data with a data protection regulatory body.
g) Withdrawal If you have agreed to the processing of your data, you can revoke this at any time. After you have pronounced it to us, the revocation influences the permissibility of processing your personal data.
If we base the processing of your personal information on consideration of interests, you can revoke your consent to processing. This is the case, in particular, if processing is not necessary for fulfilment of a contract with you, which is always outlined by us in the subsequent description of the functions. When exercising the right of revocation, we ask you to cite the reasons why we should not process your personal information as we have previously done. In the case of a justified revocation, we will examine the situation and either stop or adjust the data processing or convey to you our protection-worthy and necessary reasons for continuing the processing.
10. Liability Fjällräven is only liable for damages caused by Fjällräven or one of its auxiliaries through intent or gross negligence, or through a breach of essential contractual obligations. This limitation does not apply to damages arising from injury to life, limb and/or health. The aforementioned liability limitation applies in particular to damages caused by errors, delays or interruptions to the transmission of data, etc., in the event of technical equipment or service faults, incorrect content, loss or deletion of data, viruses or other such causes. The participant is obliged to compensate Fjällräven for any damages, claims, costs and legal fees caused by or based on the fact that the participant has uploaded a photo that does not comply with these conditions of entry, including uploading a photo that infringes the rights of third parties.
11. Final provisions If Fjällräven has grounds to suspect any entrant or third party of cheating, deception or fraudulent or unsportsmanlike conduct of any kind (including, without limitation, manipulating the contest, choice of prize winner(s) or any entry), Fjällräven reserves the right (in its sole discretion) to disqualify any entrant, entry or person it reasonably believes to be responsible for, or associated with, such activity.
Complaints relating to the staging of the contest must be sent to Fjällräven in writing within 14 days of the complaint arising.
The decision regarding the selection of prize winners and their results is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
The contest is exclusively governed by Swedish law, regardless of the location from which a participant enters the contest. This excludes mandatory consumer protection law at the participant's place of residence.
Should individual provisions be or become ineffective or unenforceable, the validity of the remaining provisions shall remain unaffected.